[Foodventure #4] Forty Ninth Parallel Coffee Roasters & Lucky's Doughnuts

Thursday, July 16, 2015



While anticipating for this foodventure with Annica and Julian,  I had visited Outpost Mini Donuts Co. for a third time with my mother and have realized my adoration for the donut. Or, in Lucky's case: doughnut. As is a nut, meaning 'nuts and bolts', made of dough (just guessing on that one). I love donuts, and I love really cute and picturesque cafés, so naturally I was excited to visit Forty Ninth Parallel Coffee Roasters & Lucky's Doughnuts.



The café is more than picture-perfect with its 50s vintage style with a modern rustic twist. The dimmed light bulbs adds to the character, but the abundance of windows and outdoor tables ensure the inside doesn't lack in lighting. Being avid photographers, all three of us took a good 10 minutes taking pictures of our food before eating it.




Donut-wise, I ordered a salted caramel old fashioned donut, while Annica opted for an old fashioned and Julian had an apple bacon fritter. Each donut was around $3, which is a bit pricy for a donut, but it would be worth the price if you ordered one of their specialty donuts. Unfortunate for us, they were short on choices at the time we ordered, but at least Julian got to try the apple bacon fritter. And plus it's donuts, how can you complain?



Julian paired his donut with a cappuccino, and Annica ordered a latte. I'm not a big fan of coffee, but while taking cute coffee drinking photos with Annica's cup, I decided to take a sip. Good thing I had some of my donut left over to take out the taste.


I'm sure to visit Forty Ninth Parallel again with my friends to try more of their specialty donuts, and to bask in the glory that is the interior design of their café.

I gotta say, my summer has been a very busy and productive one. It's only the middle of July and I've already done so many things, and there are many more big adventures lined up for the rest of the summer. I just feel bad for my bank account.

Don't forget to check out 49th Parallel and Lucky's Doughnut's websites, and their Zomato page for more reviews.



Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.

noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com