[BLP] Ziplining at Queen Elizabeth Park

Saturday, July 25, 2015

On Thursday I had the opportunity to zipline across Queen Elizabeth Park. Ziplining is something I've always wanted to experience, and though it would've been a more 'bucket list worthy' experience if it had been somewhere else, it was still a great first experience worth mentioning.



The word 'across' is a bit of a overstatement since it's only a whopping 190-metres ride across, but hey, we were pretty high, and it felt really cool.




Two pairs (that's four people for people who don't wanna do the extra thinking) of us ziplined; the camera guys aka Colleen and I, and my madre and her friend Tito Al (who's visiting us for a couple of days and the reason we even bothered to zipline anyway.) Colleen's mama, Tita Ginger, stayed behind and attempted to take pictures of us, though the entire ride is literally 0.004 seconds long and we were done before her camera was finished focussing.




It's that strange feeling of sitting down on the harness, the same feeling you get when you fall back on someone for a trust fall, that I found the most exciting. It's kinda scary to trust your life on a piece of simple metal, and a defining moment was when I first sat back on the harness and for a split second felt like I was gonna fall on my butt. The feeling of practically floating while flying on an invisible airplane really is something I definitely underestimated. You don't feel like you're sitting on anything (the harnesses were surprisingly comfortable) and the only thing that reminded me I wasn't actualy floating was the sound of the clip sliding on the metal rope.

But I gotta say, my favourite part was when I was all caught up in zooming through the park, I was completely caught off guard when I hit the brakes and I thought I was gonna crash because I was going so fast

It really all happened in a flash, but it is way more exhilarating than it looks. I didn't even have time to comprehend what was happening before it was over, but luckily I filmed the experience and put it into a Minute Vlog.



Check out the rest of our photos from the day in this photobook, and be sure to take a look at the rest of my bucket list here! What are some things on your bucket list?


noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com