[Foodventure #3] International Summer Night Market

Thursday, July 16, 2015



After a tiring week volunteering at Vacation Bible School in my old elementary school, my friends Cristina, Sarah, Julian, JR, and Annica visited the International Summer Night Market in Richmond. I've only been to a night market once, and that one time was also at ISNM, but I enjoy the experience that comes with a night market, and the inexpensive trinkets and food that you can buy from personal business stands. And there's no tax too! Yay! I'm yet to visit the newer and even busier night market in Richmond, but until then here are some pictures from last friday night (cue Katy Perry).





First Stop: Crêpes!


I love crêpes. Along with eggs benedict, crêpes are my go-to breakfast choices at a restaurant. And I love how I found the "Our Home Crêpes" stand just as I was starting to simultaneously crave ice cream and a substantial meal to fill me up. I thought $6 for a strawberry crepe with Nutella, fresh strawberries and a scoop of ice cream was a decent price, and since those are the only things I really prefer in a sweet crêpe, I bought one for dinner. 


It's a pretty simple and basic crêpe, but I'm the girl who orders cheese pizza and vanilla ice cream over all the other crazy flavours so I'm not complaining.

Next Stop: Hurricane Potato Fries!






Hurricane Potato Fries, aka the iconic night market snack.  Being a huge fan of both potatoes and crunchy food, I always make a point to have enough room for a 'rotato' when I visit the night market. Annica and I decided to share a half barbecue/sour cream rotato, which came to $4.50. Though technically we halved the rotato, we pretty much downed it in a minute when the rest of the gang got their hands on it.



Last Stop: Bubble Waffles!





During my post-English Exam trip to Metrotown and Cafe Joie, Eleanor also showed me the wonders of Bubble Waffles and I've been obsessed since. It's literally a crispy waffle (though you can order different flavours, but I always order original because I'm boring) but instead it's moulded into a bubble, the insides of the bubble are chewy. I ordered myself one for $4 and I let Cristina try a piece of mine for the first time, but let's just say that wasn't her last.


And my friends ate...






Credit to Julian for the last two pictures!

And we also did a Ford Amazing Race scavenger hunt, in which Annica and I lost to JR and Cristina (insert very sad face here). But we got some nice b&w group photos!







Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.

noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com