Prismacolor Soft-Core Pencil Crayons Review

Saturday, October 05, 2013


Some shots of my jelly bean jar drawing using Prismacolor Soft-Core Pencil Crayons.

A few weeks back, I was assigned to create a portfolio cover using only pencil crayons as the medium. I usually hate having to colour with pencil crayons because all I had was those standard Crayola ones, and those are really tough to work with to create something with depth and light. So I ventured out to the world of the internet in search of some helpful tips when creating masterpieces with pencil crayons, and that's when I found Soft-Core Prismacolor Pencil Crayons.

The Prismacolor Soft-Core Pencil Crayons, 24 Pack
(Ahhh all my pictures are really bad quality! I'm sorry, I am determined to get a sweet camera soon!)

I initially borrowed my friend Isabel's 12 pack, but I needed more colours for my project. I couldn't use my Crayola ones because it really wouldn't look the same as the high quality of the Prismacolor ones, so I really had no choice but to buy my very own set of 24 Prismacolors.

I bought my set on Amazon.com HERE for a discounted price compared to most retailers. Got the set about a week later, and many of my friends in art class were going crazy over them! I mean who wouldn't? This stuff is absolutely UH-MAYY-ZING, bragging rights come with the purchase! Of course I shared the magic with everyone, and I got a perfect mark on my artwork! Yehhayy!


The soft-core allows the pigments to be blended together easily, making it easier to create dimension, blending away harsh lines, and even mixing colours together. Using the white pencil crayon, you can soften bold pigments and create a gradual build-up to the highlights, making it look more realistic. I got a real good use with that white pencil crayon, I'm going to need to get a new one soon!

If you're an amateur artist like myself who enjoys experimenting with different mediums, or really anyone who wants to take pencil crayons to the next step, you will not regret getting the Prismacolor Soft-Core Pencil Crayons.

For more information on any Prismacolor products, visit: http://www.prismacolor.com/

Happy colouring! x


Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the brand Prismacolor or any partners of Prismacolor in any way. All opinions are my own, and has not been influenced by anyone or anything. If you have any questions or issues with anything said in this blog post, contact me at thebowgirl0327@gmail.com. All photos featured in this blog post are mine. The 'Millie's Bright And Colourful Jelly Beans' art piece was created by myself, concept and all, please don't claim it as your own :)

noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com