[Foodventure #2] Outpost Mini Donut Co.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Before we jump right in, you may have noticed the change in title for this second installment of the series. Realizing that the posts will be mostly food related, I decided to rename the series to Foodventure instead. A simple but descriptive name, I stole it from my buddy Julian who first named his food reviews Instagram blog The Delicious Foodventure before changing it to ChowTown Richmond(Go check it out, because he knows what he's doing.) Nonetheless, because of him we always call our eating excursions 'foodventures' so it seemed fit to call it so on my blog.

Moving forward...



Today I spent the day with Annica in Richmond, aka my hometown of 10 years and my childhood lover. I often visit Annica (and Julian) in Richmond during free days off school, but today in particular I had to attend a meeting at my old school, and so I crashed Annica's house in the early hours before my mother's work.

Annica and I met up with Bev after my meeting, a friend who I met almost three years ago in a camp, but unfortunately haven't seen again until today, which happened to be her 16th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV! Have fun driving with that learners permit of yours. But don't run people over.



For her birthday, Annica planned to take her to Steveston, a small and quirky town within Richmond. Steveston is notorious for its old fashioned personality, and is sometimes turned into Storybrook, Maine from Once Upon A Time (one of my favourite TV shows!) We took Bev to Outpost Mini Donut Co, a cozy mini donut shop on Second Ave. Annica can back me up when I say I've been craving donuts since early in the morning, and I was more than happy to finally engulf some mini donuts.






Like I mentioned, the shop has a cozy atmosphere, with a dark wooden theme, a fireplace with a firewood log design beneath it, and rustic looking books that make you wanna curl up and read one of them. The only seats available is one couch and two love seats surrounding a coffee table, and a couple tartan bar stools, but there are many places outside the shop to sit and enjoy your donuts.

The prices are fairly reasonable; for a baker's dozen (which is 13, FIND OUT WHY HERE!) it is $7.50, and for 1/2 a dozen it is $4.75. Less than $10, but it's not the cheapest either. However, I'm not complaining because it is a company that relies solely on their donuts and that's a lot of pressure for the donut.


I took this picture when I first visited the shop in January. The shop has gotten more flavours since then and now has 10 flavours to choose from.




Having visited Outpost Mini Donut Co. once before, I was excited to visit again for the second time, and since my two favourites are the vanilla bean and the cinnamon sugar, I took three of each in a half-dozen cone. Annica treated Bev and shared a baker's dozen of every flavour, plus three extras.



It might be bias to say that I loved Outpost's donuts because I love mini donuts, but these definitely did not fail to satisfy my donut-loving taste buds. These are high-quality, fluffy mini donuts (think mini donuts at the PNE, but nine more flavours), and I would definitely stop by next time I'm in the area!
Be sure to check out their website for more information/better quality photos ;) and their Zomato page for more reviews.



Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored.

noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com