[Foodventure #5] Trilussa Pizza & Pane

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Before we officially started our adventures as tourists in our own town on Thursday afternoon, we went to Trilussa Pizza & Pane in Vancouver for lunch. I think you can guess what their specialty is here (it's pizza) but for a very good reason.




The place is quite small for a restaurant, though assuming from the stack of pizza boxes ready to use, they have a lot of customers who take their meals to go. It has a rather simple, modern look, with different italian themed decorations spotted across the restaurant. The dimmed lighting gives great ambiance for a pizza place, and there's a window in front of the pizza making table to view the ready-made specialty pizzas.



Everyone shared the whole 2 ft pizza roma for $22.43, though I was a bit too preoccupied with adjusting my camera settings to listen in to what toppings they ordered. They split the pizza between two flavours (can pizza have flavours?), but since they ordered meat flavours, I ordered a slice of cheese and a slice of this seasoned (pesto?) tomato on cheese thing (that I just pointed out when I ordered it and is why I don't know the actual name.) We also ordered some lemonade to drink.



I was being extra-adventurous for my picky taste pallet by ordering pizza with tomatoes, since I've hated tomatoes since birth (probably). Last month I was at Granville Island with my family and ordered something that looked similar to the tomato pizza, and I was tasting it when I was deciding what to order. 

This is the most I've ever liked tomatoes. Ever. Even on my lunch at Granville Island I could taste a distinct tomato taste that was tolerable, but not my favourite. On this pizza, the tomato flavour truly meshed with the rest of the pizza, and it was hard to taste a distinct tomato flavour in all the best ways. I ended up liking this one more than the cheese (my all-time pizza flavour of choice), and that's saying something.

The crust was really good too, and it has a notable toughness to it that I personally liked. I'm a crust girl, and the toughness makes it more apparent compared to usual thin crust pizzas.



I'll be sure to remember Trilussa's for next time, though I doubt I'm going to bring my friends here for lunch because of the price, since there's always a Fresh Slice or Pizza Hut somewhere nearby. But the price is totally worth the specialty pizza.

Don't forget to check out Trilussa's website, as well as their Zomatos page for more reviews.




Disclaimer: this post is not sponsored.

noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com