IFTTT: Infinite Recipes to Automate Your Cyberspace Life

Saturday, October 12, 2013

If This Then That, or commonly known as IFTTT is a productivity tool that allows you to take 'channels' (like Facebook, Email, RSS Feed, Dropbox, ESPN, and many more) and create 'recipes' that connects them in infinite variations.


So say you wanted a "Twitpic" to be tweeted whenever you post a picture on Instagram, you could say if a picture is posted on @ --- on Instagram, then a tweet will send on @ --- with a link to the picture. If This Then That, you get my drift?

Lets try to create a recipe that saves my posts on Evernote whenever I publish a new blog post.





While 'Creating a Recipe', you can choose a trigger channel as your first component. I'd choose Blogger as my trigger channel, as that is the 'this' in my recipe. 

Depending on the trigger channel of your choice, you will get to choose one many specific trigger actions. Once this trigger is... triggered.., the chosen action (shown below) will automatically commence and do it's job! Neat huh?




Once you've chosen your significant 'that' channel (the that is from if this than that, if you still haven't caught on), you can individualize and tweak your recipe even more.


Personalize the content in any way that suits your needs, and it will appear exactly how you created the recipe to be. The flexibility of IFTTT makes the possibilities practically endless.


Seven easy peasy lemon squeezy steps later, we are done with our recipe! It's quite tough to explain everything clearly in blog post without using the words "thingy, stuff, and like" a billion times with many arrows pointing to things and a tutorial video! In other words, this post is very confusing (apologies for that, I tried my best) and does not do this website justice. You must try it to understand fully.

This tool is the most user-friendly, convenient service I've ever encountered. I suggest you all should give IFTTT a try, seriously. Even if you've got no 'recipe' in mind, just give it a go and experiment! Like I've said, the recipes are infinite, so I guarantee you'll find one that didn't even think could be possible. Take a quick look at the other recipes others have created and shared in the 'browse' section and choose one you'd like to use. BE LAZY AND FIND WAYS TO CONNECT EVERYTHING TOGETHER INSTEAD OF DOING THINGS THE LONG WAY! That's what I did.

Have fun!

Voilà ;)


noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com