[Foodventure #7] Whistler Village Dining

Wednesday, August 19, 2015




Hey folks! A quick three-in-one foodventure today from our eats at Whistler! I happen to not have been too adventurous with my choices and ironically wasn't too hungry when we visited all three places. I bet you don't mind the lack of review in this one, since I know most people look at the pictures anyway (that's what they're there for after all), but I assure you all three places are worth the visit next time you happen to find yourself at Whistler Village.

La Cantina Urban Taco Bar




Our first meal at Whistler was at La Cantina, which was just outside the room we were staying in. The vibe of the restaurant is very bar/pub-like, with the rustic brick walls, dim lighting, and the fact that all indoor seating are barstools, but these features also add to the vintage look of the restaurant.




Though the inside seating is very limited and the restaurant itself is quite small, they have a patio outside to eat in as well! We ate around early dinner time, and there were many customers both ordering for take-out and eat-in.





In my opinion, the prices were perfect for what it was, or even a little cheeper. Almost everything is under $10, including the gigantic pulled pork burrito my mom had for $9.59. My dad had the brisket burrito, but his meal went to-go since he was asleep in our room when we went out to eat (haha). They both rate their burritos 5-stars, so I'm guessing it's real good! Too bad I couldn't try it!

I wasn't too hungry, so I ordered a Cubano Taco for $2.86, which is vegetarian/vegan/gluten free. Similar to the tacos at La Taqueria, these tacos are very small and I would've been able to finish a second but I was too lazy to order again. Though I only had a few bites, I thought it tasted really good, especially since it didn't have any sauce or meat. No part of the flavours were overpowering, and I actually really liked it more than I thought I would!

La Cantina's website and Yelp page (switched to Yelp because there are more features on it hehe)

Crêpe Montagne




This one was a repeat dine-in; our first time at the middle-priced french restaurant was last year when we got a couple Groupons for their fondue trays. We were in the mood for some crêpes after we did our usual kayaking at the River of Golden Dreams, and we decided to treat ourselves, both with the delicacy and the price.

The place had a very classy atmosphere with its black and white walls and overall colour scheme. The black colour of the lighting fixtures and ceiling pipes give a sophisticated feel to the usually rustic interior accessories, and the simple, but well-pruned plant is a subtle accent. There are also some colourful french books laid out across the wall (along with tourist brochures), which definitely added to the personality of the restaurant.

There are both indoor and outdoor tables, perfect for dining in.




While my dad picked a simple banana fruit crêpe for $8.50, my mom went for the more extravagant  warm berries & crème anglaise for $9.50, and I went for the most extravagant Belle Marie for $12.50, which includes a scoop of ice cream and whipped cream.





One really can't go wrong with crêpes, I've made my own crêpes before and they taste delicious with the right toppings. That being said, these crêpes are delicious in all the ways any crêpes are delicious. They may be extra special, depending on your flavour of choice, but even though they are quite overpriced for what they are, they are still a very tasty eat. There is a reason why we've eaten here more than once, and it's because of the classy ambiance and the "treat yourself" feeling the meal and restaurant gives that best compliments a family vacation.

Crêpe Montagne's website and Yelp page.

Purebread Bakery




This is a great place to pick up some pastries and baked goods for your afternoon picnics, hikes, and adventures. My mom especially loves to visit Purebread because of the abundance of specialty pastries with wide variety to meet the needs of everyone's taste pallets. She enjoys their flour-less brownie for a healthier alternative to satisfy her chocolate cravings. They also serve usual café tea and coffee to go along with your pastries.


The hot weather made me crave something cold instead of a pastry, and that's when I found a cooler off to the side labelled "Nice Pops", which are uniquely flavoured popsicles made with natural ingredients. I was hesitant to grab one for myself because of the unconventional flavours, but I ended up choosing the peach & lemon peel popsicles— one of their vegan choices— for $4, and hoped for the best because lemon peel.



I was more than pleasantly surprised with the flavour of this Nice Pop. It literally tasted like peach juice with lemon starburst and a minuscule zing that only assures you that this is au natural. Both flavours popped with equal intensities and the flavours meshed so well together, there might as well be only one fruit inside instead of two. When you've eaten your way through more junk food than you have in the entire summer, this is a great way to satisfy the sweet tooth while staying healthy.

Purebread's website and Yelp page.



noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com