[Foodventure #8] The Bubble Tea Shop

Tuesday, August 25, 2015



On the 17th, Eleanor, Christina and Agnes and I took an hour long skytrain ride to visit Richmond's Bubble Tea Shop (among other things) to catch up on things while simultaneously having an adventure (what more could you ask for?)




The inside of the cafe (located underneath Superstore, in case you're wondering), is very kawaii. I'm using that translation of the word 'cute' because it has a definite Asian cuteness to it, while still maintaining class and simplicity. One iffy part of their decorations are their wall of knick-knax up for sale. In my opinion it doesn't really match the ambiance of the rest of the restaurant but the rest of their interior, as well as the serving platters scream 'Minimalist Instagram Theme-worthy'.


Eleanor's Order // Matcha Egg (Bubble) Waffle - $3.75


Agnes' Order // S'mores Premium Egg Waffle - $6.95


Christina's Order // Strawberries and Cream Premium Egg Waffle - $6.75


My Order // Cookies and Cream Premium Egg Waffle - $6.95


I was really craving some Oreos on that day, and the C&C waffles definitely satisfied my craving. The cream cheese frosting was a great flavour companion to the Oreo taste, and it's part of the reason why I didn't get sick of the taste. Bubble Waffles in general have a really appetizing texture of 'crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside', which is actually how I prefer to live my life really, and therefore I thoroughly enjoyed the waffles itself aside from my flavour of choice.

Everyone seemed to also be very satisfied with their flavours and even though we did agree that we would share all our platters with one another, we ended up just sticking to our own meal because it truly satisfied each of our taste buds. 

As our lunch this was more than enough to fill us up, and though it was because I was short of change, I was glad I didn't get bubble tea because I probably wouldn't be able to move afterwards from being overstuffed.



noun.
1. mother of C&L, and Peri the guinea pig
2. an art and makeup junkie with way too many things
3. a self-proclaimed donut lover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All ideas, pictures, written work and opinions are all original contents of this blog unless specified and/or credited. Please let me know if you will be using any original content from this blog, and do let me know if I've published something that is yours. I'm just a normal gals and don't want to cause any havoc or complications, so if you have any questions or concerns please email me: millievalencia@gmail.com